- This event has passed.
The Backyard Gardeners Show 2018
The theme of this year’s edition, which will be held on 7th July 2017 at the Kampala Sheraton Hotel Gardens, is The Garden Picnic: Life, Family, & Fashion.
In an age where we are swamped with the hustle and bustle of everyday life, our gardens are a reminder that we often need to take some time off for the things that really matter.
The event will feature exhibitors in a broad array of gardening areas, and is designed as a lifestyle and family event, a glamorous and fun day away from the grit of everyday existence. Gates open at 10.00am, with the event running till late. Tickets to the Backyard Gardening Show 2018 will cost Shs. 10,000.
What to Expect
Demographics: A target audience typically aged between 20 and 65, with a 40/60 – male/female ratio, and included: U. S. EXPATS, The Ugandan Social Community, and European Expatriates.
Conceptual Approach: An event conceptualized as a festival and funfair with backyard gardening at the hub of activities and enhanced as a glamorized and fashionable social event.
The Backyard Gardeners Show will incorporate the following aspects:
- A Glamorous Garden Picnic Set-up: Supplemented by décor, ambient lighting and drone photography relayed to a Facebook Live set up via video and regular drone photography, the picnic garden theme would let visitors enjoy a unique and interactive experience at the Backyard Gardener’s Show;
- A Lounge Area, within the show grounds, with refreshments and snacks for visitors to the Backyard Gardeners Show;
- A Kiddie’s Corner, with games, face-painting, cotton candy, a gigantic bouncing castle and a puppet show;
- Food and Beverage refreshment points, managed by the Sheraton Kampala Hotel;
- Exhibitors, including garden furniture, flower displays, vegetable gardening, gutter gardening, gardening tools and equipment suppliers, seed and bulb distributors, and gardening accessories, arts and crafts, and fine dining and crockery.
- A Cooking & Herb themed exhibition from My Food Network, RamcoGas and their revolutionary cooker, Toko Toko and The Fusion Experience (makers of The Amazing Pan);
- Exhibitor Competition: A competition involving partners, sponsors, exhibitors and vendors, within the categories of Customer Care, Display & Master Pieces, with a carefully selected team of judges in attendance.
- Themed Wardrobe Competition: visitors to the show will be preempted to indulge in a fashion sense that reflects the spontaneity and beauty that is to be found in gardening with prizes for the Best Dressed Male and Best Dressed Female;
- A Glamorous Fashion Exhibition: Glitz, a leading fashion brand, will hold a garden-themed fashion exhibition and show, complete with a runway;
Live Music, with presentations from Crane Performers during the day, and live acoustic soul set in the late afternoon;
- Wine-tasting & Mixologists Sessions to enhance the Garden Picnic theme;
Timing: the event will start at 10.00am and end at 9.00pm;
- Celebrity Masters of Ceremony: It is planned that this edition will feature two Masters of Ceremony: Rudende & Siima, XFM morning presenters and a gentleman and lady pairing that can work the audience through the various day and evening activities. They will appear courtesy of our Lead Media Sponsor, Vision Group.